I’m one of the people who is still writing faster by hand than by computer. Also I admire the look of a unique handwriting with character. Therefore I often use my own handwriting on journal pages, even though there are a lot of other great ways to add words to a journal page like cutting out letters from magazine pages, stamping, stencils and so on. I collected some ideas on how to use hand writing or hand lettering on journal pages to give you some inspiration:
- Kind of block letters, partly coloured or shaded inside, or outlined with another colour or colour block.
- My “normal” handwriting doubled up. I like the look of the two lines which sometimes match and sometimes differ a little bit. I like to fill the space in between the lines with colour (a) or shading (c).
- Handwriting with a connection between the words.
- Capital letters with double lines and sloppy serifs.
- Handwriting with accented curves and loops, partly shaded.
- (Far right) Awry lines filled with either hand writing or capital letters.
- Kind of an imitation of a letter stencil with little gaps between the lines.
It was fun to gather these examples and to come up with some new (for me) ideas, since I usually just use the same ways to include my handwriting.
Do you like using your handwriting, either in your every day life or in your journal?