Although I’m in love with the new apartment and am definitely looking forward to it, I also noticed that the whole change isn’t quite easy for me. I lived in my current home for over 7 years now, so there are some ambivalent feelings. Since the topic is occupying me a lot, I thought it would be nice to share some pieces of the process with you.
(By the way – above you can see one of my favourite corners in my room).
I’m moving from a shared appartement to a little three-room appartement with my boyfriend. Although I will miss my room and my roommates very much, there are some things I’m really looking forward to:
- Spending as much time in the bathroom as I want to. At the moment we have one bathroom for four people, so I’m used to spend as little time as possible in there.
- Not having to wait until the bathroom’s free.
- Showering as long as I want to without running out of hot water.
- Taking a bath.
- Storing everything in the room I actually need it in, instead of stuffing it all in my room.
- Having a dishwasher.
- The red wall in the kitchen.
- Knowing if I cleaned something in the evening, it still will be clean the next morning.
- Having three rooms.
- A non-dripping tap.
- Living in an old building again, meaning high ceilings, large windows and plank flooring.
It’s so exciting!
If you were moving, what would you wish for your new home?