Reading definitely is one of my favourite things to do. I love to dive completely into it, not noticing what’s going on around me anymore but being completely into the book’s world. I don’t have to worry or to think about my problems, it’s like being somewhere else. It’s a way to escape I can absolutely count on and it’s been like this since I learned to read.
Books pictured from top to bottom (randomly picked from my bookshelf):
- Peter Manseau, Bibliothek der unerfüllten Träume/Songs for the Butcher’s Daughter
- Ernst Augustin, Raumlicht; Der Fall Evelyne B. (I can’t find an english version, maybe it has never been translated, what a shame!)
- Antje Rávic Strubel, Kältere Schichten der Luft (also no english version found)
- Marisha Pessl, Die alltägliche Physik des Unglücks/Special Topics in Calamity Physics
- front: María Cecilia Barbetta, Änderungsscheiderei Los Milagros (also no english version found).
I’m sorry that most of the books pictured aren’t available in English, I wasn’t aware that apparently only few German books seem to get translated!
Do you like reading? What’s your favourite book?